In light of the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, some RMM programs and services have been modified or suspended. Please refer to this page for the most recent updates.
As of April 4, 2020:
- TOILETRIES AND SNACK BAGS ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED DAILY - Individuals in need of toiletries and/or snack bags can stop by Metro Baptist Church (410 W. 40th Street) daily between 10:00 and 2:00 pm, as supplies and staff are available.
- FOOD PANTRY WILL BE "GRAB AND GO" ON SATURDAYS (10:00-11:30 AM) OR BY APPOINTMENT - Out of abundance of caution, RMM is suspending our "client choice" food distribution system for the time being and instead will be distributing pre-bagged groceries to clients at the entrance of Metro Baptist Church on Saturdays without appointment or Tuesdays & Thursdays by appointment. NO REFERRALS NECESSARY. To make an appointment and find pantries in your area via the Plentiful system, please text “FOOD” to “PANTRY” (726-879). And to ensure you are up to date on RMM's food distribution, email email@example.com or call 212-594-4464.
- TEEN CENTER WILL BE MEETING VIRTUALLY FRIDAYS - While all IN-PERSON Teen Center activities are suspended until further notice, teens are welcome to join for a virtual gathering each Friday. For more information and specific schedule, contact Megan Smith directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALL LIFE SKILLS EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED - this includes all weekly group meetings and alumni programs of Living Well and Homecoming, as well as family shelter workshops. Some virtual programming and emergency support is being scheduled, and RMM is in the process of offering specific support to several LSEP clients, alumni and shelter residents. To inquire how you can support our homeless community or for questions/updates, email Lesley-Ann Tommey.
- PAGE TURNERS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED - Page Turners follows the NYC Department of Education schedule. Therefore as of now, Page Turners is scheduled to resume on Tuesday, April 21. Please check back for updates. If your child can use remote academic support during this time, please email email@example.com.
- WINTER CLOTHING CLOSET IS NOW CLOSED - RMM's clothing closet is closed for the winter season and will re-open for regular distribution in November 2020. If you have any emergency clothing needs, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-594-4464 and we will assist as we can.
- CLUE CAMP REGISTRATION HAS BEEN POSTPONED - We are pushing back registration for RMM's summer day camp for children in grades 1-6 until we have more information concerning the long-term projections regarding COVID-19. New registration date TBD. For more information, email email@example.com.
- ALL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED - While we are grateful for the outpouring of support during this challenging time, we are committed to the safety of our community. Therefore we are cancelling all volunteer opportunities until further notice out of an abundance of caution. This includes all New York Cares teams, volunteer groups and/or individual volunteers. We are sorry for any inconvenience and will let you know as soon as we open up for volunteer opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and scroll down below to be informed of other ways you can help at this time.
RMM remains committed to supporting our wider NYC community during this difficult time and will adjust our programs and services as we are able and allowed. Check back regularly for updates, and do not hesitate to email email@example.com with any questions, concerns or needs. Be safe and thank you!
SEE BELOW FOR WAYS TO SUPPORT RMM DURING THIS CHALLENGING TIME. THANK YOU!