In light of the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, some RMM programs and services have been modified or suspended. Please refer to this page for the most recent updates.
As of September 22, 2020:
- TOILETRIES AND SNACK BAGS ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED WEEKDAYS - Individuals in need of toiletries and/or snack bags can stop by Metro Baptist Church (410 W. 40th Street) Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays between 10:00 and 2:00 pm, as supplies and staff are available. Please note that we are closed on Wednesdays.
- FOOD PANTRY IS "GRAB AND GO" ON SATURDAYS (10:00-11:30 AM) OR BY APPOINTMENT - Out of abundance of caution, RMM is suspending our "client choice" food distribution system for the time being and instead is distributing pre-bagged groceries to clients at the entrance of Metro Baptist Church on Saturdays without appointment or Tuesdays & Thursdays by appointment. NO REFERRALS NECESSARY. To make a weekday appointment and find pantries in your area via the Plentiful system, please text “FOOD” to “PANTRY” (726-879). And to ensure you are up to date on RMM's food distribution, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-594-4464.
- CLUE CAMP- While we were unable to gather in-person for CLUE Camp this summer, we had a great time connecting virtually! We look forward to being back together next summer. Information for volunteer teams interested in bringing a group for CLUE Camp 2021 will be made available early this Fall. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- TEEN CENTER WILL RESUME VIRTUALLY IN SEPTEMBER- More details around a specific schedule and activities will be shared in the coming weeks. Please contact Meagan Smith with any questions or to be added to the email list.
- ALL LIFE SKILLS EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS ARE MEETING VIRTUALLY - Living Well is running a virtual group from October–May, and Homecoming is offering virtual and in-person alumni programming. Both alumni communities continue to be supported through weekly virtual meetings, wellness check-ins and emergency support—including food, medical supplies and mental health support. RMM is responding to specific needs of LSEP alumni and working closely with leadership at the family shelter to meet ongoing needs. Life Skills Workshops for families in shelter will resume monthly in September. To inquire how you can support our homeless community or for questions/updates, email Lesley-Ann Tommey.
- WE ARE CURRENTLY PLANNING TO OPERATE PAGE TURNERS DURING THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR - We are exploring potential shifts to our program hours and offerings to best support children and families as they learn remotely. If you have children attending NYC schools, please complete THIS SURVEY to help us understand what will be most beneficial for you and your family.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE LIMITED - While we are grateful for the outpouring of support during this challenging time, we are committed to the safety of our community. At present, we have cancelled all regularly scheduled volunteer teams and have only a limited number of individual volunteer opportunities. If you would like to volunteer or know more about the opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, scroll down below to be informed of other ways you can help at this time.
RMM remains committed to supporting our wider NYC community during this difficult time and will adjust our programs and services as we are able and allowed. Check back regularly for updates, and do not hesitate to email email@example.com with any questions, concerns or needs. Be safe and thank you!
SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPORT RMM DURING THIS CHALLENGING TIME.