In light of the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, some RMM programs and services have been modified or suspended. Please refer to this page for the most recent updates.
As of November 5, 2020:
- WINTER CLOTHING CLOSET - RMM will be distributing clothing on Mondays (November 2020 -March 2021) starting at 10:15 for the FIRST 30 PEOPLE ONLY. Due to safety concerns, we have to limit the amount of people that we can serve each week. Arrive by 10:15 to submit a request for clothing, then those confirmed will be given a time to return to receive clothing before 1:00 PM. Click here for the full details and protocols for RMM's Winter Clothing Closet for 2020-2021.
- TOILETRIES AND SNACK BAGS ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED WEEKDAYS - Individuals in need of toiletries and/or snack bags can stop by Metro Baptist Church (410 W. 40th Street) Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays between 10:00 and 2:00 pm, as supplies and staff are available. Please note that we are closed on Wednesdays.
- FOOD PANTRY IS "GRAB AND GO" ON SATURDAYS (10:00-11:30 AM) OR BY APPOINTMENT - Out of abundance of caution, RMM is suspending our "client choice" food distribution system for the time being and instead is distributing pre-bagged groceries to clients at the entrance of Metro Baptist Church on Saturdays without appointment or Thursdays & Fridays by appointment. NO REFERRALS NECESSARY. To make a weekday appointment and find pantries in your area via the Plentiful system, please text “FOOD” to “PANTRY” (726-879). And to ensure you are up to date on RMM's food distribution, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-594-4464.
- CLUE CAMP - While we were unable to gather in-person for CLUE Camp this summer, we had a great time connecting virtually! We look forward to being back together next summer. Applications to bring a group to 2021 CLUE Camp open on October 15th. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- TEEN CENTER IS MEETING VIRTUALLY every other Tuesday at 7:00 pm via zoom. Find the full Fall 2020 teenCENTER schedule HERE. Please contact Meagan Smith with any questions or to be added to the email list.
- ALL LIFE SKILLS EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS ARE MEETING VIRTUALLY - Living Well is running a virtual group from October–May, and Homecoming is offering virtual and in-person alumni programming. Both alumni communities continue to be supported through weekly virtual meetings, wellness check-ins and emergency support—including food, medical supplies and mental health support. RMM is responding to specific needs of LSEP alumni and working closely with leadership at the family shelter to meet ongoing needs. Life Skills Workshops for families in shelter will resume monthly in September. To inquire how you can support our homeless community or for questions/updates, email Lesley-Ann Tommey.
- PAGE TURNERS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION IS OPEN. - Each family will be able to sign their child(ren) up for one session of Page Turners per week. Visit linktr.ee/rmmnyc for more details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about registration and our updated schedule.
- URBAN IMMERSION - We are not booking any groups for 2020, but we are hopeful to begin welcoming our first groups back beginning in March of 2021. Due to NY State’s travel restrictions, we will not be hosting groups from restricted states. You can find an updated list of those states here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory. While it is challenging to know when our Urban Immersion program will be back running at full capacity, we are still accepting bookings. We are able to book groups up to two years ahead of time, so feel free to email email@example.com to book your future experience with us. For a connection to NYC without the travel, check out our new virtual Urban Immersion curriculum available for purchase. For more information, email Lesley-Ann Tommey.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE LIMITED - While we are grateful for the outpouring of support during this challenging time, we are committed to the safety of our community. At present, we have cancelled all regularly scheduled volunteer teams and have only a limited number of individual volunteer opportunities. If you would like to volunteer or know more about the opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, scroll down below to be informed of other ways you can help at this time.
RMM remains committed to supporting our wider NYC community during this difficult time and will adjust our programs and services as we are able and allowed. Check back regularly for updates, and do not hesitate to email email@example.com with any questions, concerns or needs. Be safe and thank you!
SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPORT RMM DURING THIS CHALLENGING TIME.