In light of the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, some RMM programs and services have been modified or suspended. Please refer to this page for the most recent updates.
As of June 2, 2020:
- TOILETRIES AND SNACK BAGS ARE BEING DISTRIBUTED WEEKDAYS - Individuals in need of toiletries and/or snack bags can stop by Metro Baptist Church (410 W. 40th Street) Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays between 10:00 and 2:00 pm, as supplies and staff are available. Please note that we are closed on Wednesdays.
- FOOD PANTRY WILL BE "GRAB AND GO" ON SATURDAYS (10:00-11:30 AM) OR BY APPOINTMENT - Out of abundance of caution, RMM is suspending our "client choice" food distribution system for the time being and instead is distributing pre-bagged groceries to clients at the entrance of Metro Baptist Church on Saturdays without appointment or Tuesdays & Thursdays by appointment. NO REFERRALS NECESSARY. To make a weekday appointment and find pantries in your area via the Plentiful system, please text “FOOD” to “PANTRY” (726-879). And to ensure you are up to date on RMM's food distribution, email email@example.com or call 212-594-4464.
- IN-PERSON CLUE CAMP HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR SUMMER 2020 - Out of concern for the safety and well-being of our community, volunteers, youth, and staff, we do not currently plan to offer in-person CLUE Camp this summer. Our staff are considering options related to remote program offerings throughout the summer. To be updated on these or other children & youth programs this summer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TEEN CENTER IS MEETING VIRTUALLY ONCE A WEEK - While all IN-PERSON Teen Center activities are suspended until further notice, teens are welcome to join for a virtual gathering on Tuesdays each week. For more information and specific schedule, contact Megan Smith directly at email@example.com.
- ALL LIFE SKILLS EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED - this includes all in-person group and alumni meetings of Living Well and Homecoming, as well as monthly family shelter workshops. Living Well and Homecoming are meeting virtually with their alumni communities weekly, and wellness check-ins are being conducted over the phone frequently. Emergency support is being scheduled—including food, medical supplies and mental health support—and RMM is offering specific support to LSEP alumni. RMM is working closely with leadership at the family shelter to meet ongoing needs. To inquire how you can support our homeless community or for questions/updates, email Lesley-Ann Tommey.
- PAGE TURNERS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED - Page Turners follows the NYC Department of Education schedule. Therefore Page Turners is suspended for in-person programming the remainder of the school year; however, we are offering once-a-week remote support. If your child can use remote academic support during this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED - While we are grateful for the outpouring of support during this challenging time, we are committed to the safety of our community. At present, we have cancelled all regularly scheduled volunteer opportunities until further notice out of an abundance of caution. This includes all New York Cares teams, volunteer groups and/or individual volunteers. We are beginning to offer small group and one-off volunteer opportunities and will have more information about that in the coming days. Please check back or email email@example.com with any questions, and scroll down below to be informed of other ways you can help at this time.
RMM remains committed to supporting our wider NYC community during this difficult time and will adjust our programs and services as we are able and allowed. Check back regularly for updates, and do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns or needs. Be safe and thank you!
SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPORT RMM DURING THIS CHALLENGING TIME. THANK YOU!