The RMM Winter Clothing Closet operates on Mondays, November through March. We provide adults with new and used coats, as well as winter clothing and essentials. All items are distributed free of charge.
We are able to accommodate 30-40 guests per week, and guests are allowed to visit RMM's clothing closet only ONCE a month. No referral is necessary and it is first come, first serve.
Clothing is distributed based on supplies/donations available. Generally, guests can expect to get the following clothing items each visit: Heavy winter coat (once a season), light jacket, sweatshirt/sweater, t-shirt, pants/skirt, underwear, socks, winter hat, scarf, gloves, and toiletry kit. We distribute shoes, interview clothing and specialty clothes only when available.
Below are details for RMM's 2022 Winter Clothing Closet season.
CLOTHING DISTRIBUTION DAYS & TIMES
Mondays, 10:15-11:30 AM (November – March)
The first day of clothing distribution will be Monday, November 7, 2022. Final clothing distribution will be March 27, 2023. No distribution on December 26, 2022 or January 2, 2023.
- RMM will only be able to serve the first 35 individuals who arrive each Monday. Guests will be given numbers and assisted in that order. Visitors can only visit the clothing closet one Monday per month.
- Numbered guests will be allowed to enter the building at approximately 10:15 AM. All guests must wear a mask while inside the building.
- Everyone requesting clothing will be asked to present a photo ID with name on it. Any photo ID will do. No referral is necessary.
- Guests will be assisted by a personal shopper in order finding the clothing they need based on availability.
- Visitors will only be able to get ONE coat per season. In order to ensure a coat for as many people as possible for those who need one, we are If RMM is able to secure more coats in early 2023, we will offer a second coat between January and March.
You can also direct any questions to us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 212-594-4464. Thank you.